“We were shocked at just how intelligently it handled the myriad applications we threw at it . . . you definitely encroach “tablet” territory . . . Angry Birds Rio spanned beautifully . . . the obvious line in the center has no real impact on gameplay.”
– from Engadget, Kyocera Echo review, By Darren Murph posted Apr 13th 2011.
Darren Murph goes on to offer many accolades:
- volume rocker and microSD card slots were both positioned perfectly
- pair of panels . . . crisp and bright in use
- multitouch is in full effect and works shockingly well
- quick to open
- easy to adjust
- difficult to knock out of place
- unmistakable “click” with each and every movement
- hinge no wobble – worthy of laud!
- Froyo no irregularities
- “consistently amazed”
- dedicated SDK
- shocked at just how intelligently it handled the myriad applications we threw at the Tablet Mode Extension app
and more! On the downside:
- battery: only 12 hours
- camera average
- no WiMAX support
- Sprint TV and Football Live cannot be used over WiFi
All in all, a great Android phone!